Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Traditional Chinese Puppet Show

Chinese Puppet Show

The Expression

I still remember the days when i was small, every year around November, the temper nearby my place will organise interesting stage performances to celebrate the God's birthday.
The show begins with this traditional Chinese puppet show, and then followed by singers' performances and a lot of praying ceremonies, and it will take about at least 1 week for the celebration! Pity me that time, as i emphasise a lot on study, and the performances was very very noisy:(

Well, it's been all over for years now, and this time, i planned to snap the puppet show alone. As not many people will watch the show. You know why?
Because the show is performed for the God, not human.

Play And Sing

I brought my camera, with my reliable 50mm f/1.4 for the shooting. Well, It's not a proper lens to cover event or spontaneuos shots, but i insisted to bring it as it's my fastest lens in the drybox, and it's sharp like a knife! I wanted to push my ability to snap things with a prime lens, where i have to move my body to find the angle i wanted to do the job.Furthermore, it's not a charged work, i enjoyed the shooting so much, not to capture the movement or the "acting" of the puppet, but the puppet controller. I was sort of quite respect this aunty, as she gotta control the puppet with both hands, while singing the Chinese operatic songs, and reading the scripts and she acted livelier than the puppets!!!!

I Am Behind You

 The Suffer

There was another girl who controlled the puppet at another corner. She is very young, and i guess she is that aunty's daughter. This young girl was a bit shy, as when she discovered that i was snapping her, she quickly turned her head to another directions, or tried not to look at my camera. This makes me feel that i really need a stronger zoom lens in the future:)

Well, nowadays many things happened, everything changes...I temporarily stop updating this site for quite a long time. But i am back now. With my passion into photography, to paint this site with my color through the viewfinder.
I found that i am getting all the settings in my D300 right, and i now understand this lil stranger already!

No comments: