Monday, September 01, 2008

My Thanksgiving Day

DSC_1158

Wow, I have celebrated Thanksgiving Day today.They are just part of the gifts I got today. Let me introduce them to you one by one...

DSC_1165

Being a host and also dj at shopping malls, I think it's quite a tiring job and also energy-exhauting. But the benefit is that, I can easily get the chance to approach artists who come for the promo tour, have the opportunities to get lots of vouchers to spend less and become a smarter consumers, and also getting free gifts during work!
Yesterday, one auntie came to the stage area and asked if we are going to do the groundnuts eating contest. I remember this auntie as she did participate in my previous games couple months ago. But unfortunately, we were not having that particular session yesterday. She felt disappointed and didn't want to try for other games. But she did tell me and Eunice, my colleague, that she appreciates my permission for her to participate for times, and decided to make some jelly for me and Eunice. I thought she was just kidding, then i told her that i love strawberry flavour. She said she didn't have any strawberry at home, and asked if i would like to try the "dragon-eye" ( i donno what it's called in english). I found that she was getting more serious, so i said any flavour will do as long as it's made by her. She then asked the time we start the game for today, we told her that it will be from 2pm onwards.
But today, we didn't even see her shadow after 3pm!I found Eunice and told her this, and she felt so. We thought she was just kidding and "aeroplane" us today. But in a sudden, she turned up 5 minutes just after our conversation, and she passed us a big whole bag of all the jelly! We counted on it and found that she has made 6 cups for us!
She then came up on stage to play one game which is Guazhi seperating contest. She won it but she said she didn't want to get the big main prize. She prefer to bring me home. We were shocked but then i told her i need meals everyday in great volumne that she might not be able to afford my meals. She said it's ok, she is ready to spend for me .-_-111
Fortunately, she told us that she was just kidding, though we didn't really feel so:)

There was another auntie who saw that auntie A gave me something as an appreciation to my permission to allow her to participate. Then she went to the store right beside the stage to buy me a soya drink. It's so touching lah...


DSC_1162

When i reached home, i saw there was a big bag placed on the long table in my house. Mother told me that it was sent by Nicole's parents this late afternoon after their vacation in Canada.
We examined these two little thingy for quite some time but didn't realise that the left hand side one is actually a Canadian leave pin and the right hand side one is a magnet. We thought the left hand one is an ear ring, and the right hand one is a namecard:(
I was clever enough to find their actual identity on the covers!

DSC_1167

Well, obviously, this is a t-shirt. When Nicole had just arrived at Canada, she did msn me that her father bought me something. She descripted that it's a large t-shirt, with a Toronto font which is eye-catching enough and there is also a cow sort of thing being printed largely on the t shirt, until she was so confident that i will react with a long " yyeeerrrrrr.....!!!!!"
But i promised her that i am going to wear it to welcome her back at the airport when she comes back one day.
Nicole, it's actually not as horrible as what you descripted. It looks really large to me, though the size is an "M". But the material quality is superb, and i just love the "cow" on it. It makes me look sharp and energetic and more dominant, dont you think so huh?

DSC_1176

I suspected that the Nikon D300 doesn;t allow me to apply the remote control for the shutter release for self pic:(
I could only do it for this extent.

DSC_1177

I look cute, ain't I?

:)

Thanks a lot Nicole, to your lovely parents. They should have carried too many things from Canada back to Malaysia. But they still brought us so many fancy stuffs. It's their heart which conquered all the difficulties to do so. They are amazing couple!
I hope Nicole can succeed in everything in her study.
Do take care of your own health ok?
Gambate!

And I have a Thanksgiving Day celebrated for the very first time in my life. I just couldn't believe that I have received so many present for today!
Thanks a lot for the present. I greately appreciate them!

No comments: